R. Hell Site Forum Message

The Pisstown Chaos is here.

Posted by:Hannah
Posted on: 30 Mar 2008

I know, you thought saltnpeppa was here, but no, It's The Pisstown Chaos, by David Ohle. I'm posting about it as it's a highly relevant part of the continuum of underground literature and connected enough by fewer than six degrees to Hell to count as topical.

Go to our myspace page and use any of the many links (in a blog, on the front page) to get this amazing book (you don't have to have a myspace account): http://www.myspace.com/venusbogardus
or just go here: http://www.jamesreich.net/assets/softskull/pisstownchaos.pdf

Listen, any of you who are into underground literature - and I know there are some of you out there - could you please have a look at this pdf of David Ohle's ENTIRE new book, The Pisstown Chaos, which has been scheduled for publication for almost a year now and keeps getting put back as they wait for preorders since Ohle is so obscure. He's a fucking genius, and you need to have a read. his publisher at Soft Skull is making it available via a site that will only let US-based e-mails download, so we've got his blessing to make it available to everyone else (above links).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF YOU THINK IT'S AS GREAT AS IT TRULY IS, PLEASE PLACE A PRE-ORDER FOR IT - via Amazon, Soft Skull, whatever.
It's obvious that the Internet is killing the ability of anyone creative to manufacture anything on any kind of scale, let alone make any money, and I want this fucking book in hard copy, already! I want it last June, dammit!

I had some reservations about this e-book giveaway but it's the decision Soft Skull have made and so we're trying to help. I like to think most people on this forum are probably still interested in hearing their music on disks and not compressed to hell in mp3s, and that they still buy books, and that I shouldn't need to say any of that, but better safe than sorry.

Anyway, hope everyone's good out there in cyberspace.
x
Hannah

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

The Pisstown Chaos is here. by Hannah, 30 Mar 2008 (5)
                 Re: David Ohle by Jonathan, 30 Mar 2008
                         yes, the very one by Hannah, 31 Mar 2008
                                 Re: yes by Jonathan, 31 Mar 2008
                                         don't have to read the others first by Hannah, 31 Mar 2008
                                                 Re: don't have to by Jonathan, 31 Mar 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates