R. Hell Site Forum Message

piss factory

Posted by:alias (‘HellRamone@aol.com’)
Posted on: 21 Sep 2000

not to get into the same old pissing match, but if you want to get techical sgt pepper was a product of it's times, not vice versa... at least one listen to both the beach boys' pet sounds and pink floyd's piper at the gates of dawn (not coincidentally the only floyd album i can even tolerate) will reinforce that. not to mention that they both were released prior to the pep.
also, punk was interesting for what... three years? maybe five? i mean, there were a few good bands past that, but it got marketed and hence got old... FAST. if you want interesting, look up fela kuti, not to mention his life and times.
shit, what were we arguing about? haha.
PS... time to move on from what?? good songs are good songs, that's the bottom line. the beatles couldn't help but write good songs. i don't associate them with the same poses as a good deal of their contemporaries. hell, at least they knew when to hang it up. that's more than could be said for certain bands, not to mention any names like.. hmm... afore mentioned pink floyd? rolling stones? the sex pistols??? any or all of the above?
good songs are good songs. and a lotta punk bands these days (hell for the last few years, with very very very few exceptions) don't have em. that's why I listen to sgt pepper.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

A Richard Hell Q & A by Nobile, 14 Sep 2000 (23)
                 Questions by Vern Fetzer, 18 Sep 2000
                         "beatles sucked" by alias, 19 Sep 2000
                                 Sutcliffe by Vern Fetzer, 20 Sep 2000
                                 Hell's on the record on this by Mitchell, 20 Sep 2000
                                         fab gear by cheesebert, 19 Dec 2001
                                         Beatles sucking by Vern Fetzer, 21 Sep 2000
                                                 record shmecord by alias, 21 Sep 2000
                                                         Kicking the door open for..? by Vern Fetzer, 21 Sep 2000
                                                                 piss factory by alias, 21 Sep 2000
                                                                         A pot to piss in by Vern Fetzer, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                                 pissing upstream by alias, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                                         Piss up a rope by Vern Fetzer, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                                         Piss post by Vern Fetzer, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                         Pepper/Piper by Nobile, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                                 lucifer simpleton by alias, 22 Sep 2000
                                                                                         agree.......but i'll rather listen..... by rudeboy666, 23 Sep 2000
                                                                                                 feh by alias, 23 Sep 2000
                                                                                                         Affordable by Vern Fetzer, 23 Sep 2000
                 Call me obsessive- by Roy Suggs, 23 Sep 2000
                         Cassidy by Vern Fetzer, 25 Sep 2000
                 band by alice, 17 Sep 2003
                 Another Question by Vern Fetzer, 20 Sep 2000
                         Voids'n'Synch (Backstreet Voids?) by Vern Fetzer, 28 Sep 2000

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates