R. Hell Site Forum Message

Intellectuality

Posted by:MmeL'Enfer
Posted on: 10 Dec 2008

I find them rather interesting, so far, but not interesting in the category of The Voidoids. Wasn't that the thing, Tom told Richard (Hell) to stop moving around onstage ... very strange behaviour. Perhaps the only band I know to adopt this view. I haven't seen much of them performing, so I only get things through their sound.

I get what you mean with the cerebral thing ... I'm into a lot of jazz but sometimes rock'n'roll has more of what I need. I need the energy. That's why the Voidoids have everything for me-- the earthier rock'n'roll plus the cerebral side as well. I also find some Brit punk too aggressive and simplistic, but I love some of those bands too i.e. The Clash. I just think New York art punk, for me, has (a lot of) what I love in both free jazz and Brit punk. However strange that sounds.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

Okay Okay/MM by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008 (36)
                 TV and RH by geraldine fibber, 10 Dec 2008
                         olives, schmolives by Hannah, 10 Dec 2008
                                 Tee Vee what you doin to me by geraldine fibber, 10 Dec 2008
                                         I don't know by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008
                                 Discovering Punk by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008
                         That could be by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008
                                 Double Exposure by geraldine fibber, 10 Dec 2008
                                         Intellectuality by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008
                                                 Television vs. Voidoids by Slimedog, 11 Dec 2008
                                                         TV in the Void by MmeL'Enfer, 11 Dec 2008
                                                                 Tell a Vision by Slimedog, 12 Dec 2008
                                                                         mmm by MmeL'Enfer, 12 Dec 2008
                                                                                 Hell of a question by Slimedog, 12 Dec 2008
                                                                                         MM vs TV vs Blank Gen vs ... whatever by MmeL'Enfer, 13 Dec 2008
                                                                                                 Destiny of the daleks... by geraldine fibber, 13 Dec 2008
                                                                                                         D S by MmeL'Enfer, 13 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                 Blanked out by geraldine fibber, 13 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                         Destined to be great by Slimedog, 13 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                                 Jazz etc. by MmeL'Enfer, 14 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                         Out-blanked by MmeL'Enfer, 14 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                                 Overfunked by power by geraldine fibber, 14 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                                         Time and Funk by Slimedog, 14 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                                         Not me by MmeL'Enfer, 15 Dec 2008
                                                                                                                                         I just realized by MmeL'Enfer, 15 Dec 2008
                 TV by Julin, 10 Dec 2008
                         TV vs Voidoids by MmeL'Enfer, 10 Dec 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates