R. Hell Site Forum Message

Chris Bailey

Posted by:Hannah
Posted on: 31 Dec 2008

Went to see a double-header at the Borderline in London the first year ('04) I was in Britain, a Chris Bailey solo set preceded by a Johnette Napolitano solo set. Which was the main reason we were there, to be honest (Concrete Blonde, JN and her side projects are a sort of big time guilty pleasure for me, and I've been going to see her shows since I was in high school). Johnette and Chris have done stuff together, I know, and are buds. She was beautiful and gripping as ever.
Chris Bailey had a kind of bad attitude to the crowd, like he was real visibly pissed off a lot and it kinda interfered with how good it was. I think he also played a fairly affected Britney Spears number, which sort of stunt usually just turns me off rather than makes me laugh - tho I did like Richard Thompson's 'Oops I did it again'. And, I liked when this very hard-electro-nerd Dutch band called Zea played some popular Coldplay tune - clocks or time or something - the one that has a chorus that seems to use a chord progression from Kate Bush's 'Running up that hill' chorus. That was a welcome cover of shit pop act. Anyway, Bailey was kind of annoying/prima-donnaish/not-nearly-as-amazing-as-he-thought-he-was, and ultimately pretty forgettable that night, which was disappointing. But I'm glad for this thread because it's a reminder that I do love the Saints and would like to see what their latest efforts are like.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

Hello again! by MmeL'Enfer, 30 Dec 2008 (17)
                 How was by geraldine fibber, 30 Dec 2008
                         the saints by antoine, 30 Dec 2008
                                 True... by geraldine fibber, 30 Dec 2008
                                 Re: Saints by MmeL'Enfer, 30 Dec 2008
                                         Saints by antoine, 31 Dec 2008
                                                 I admit ... by MmeL'Enfer, 31 Dec 2008
                                                         down under by antoine, 31 Dec 2008
                                                                 Brisbane/Aust. by MmeL'Enfer, 1 Jan 2009
                                                                         frenchy but chic! by antoine, 2 Jan 2009
                                                                                 Ah bon? ... merci! by MmeL'Enfer, 2 Jan 2009
                                                                                         Talking of Oz bands... by geraldine fibber, 4 Jan 2009
                                                                                                 No by MmeL'Enfer, 4 Jan 2009
                                                 Bailey/Saints by geraldine fibber, 31 Dec 2008
                                                         Chris Bailey by Hannah, 31 Dec 2008
                                                                 Damn by geraldine fibber, 31 Dec 2008
                                                         Quasi-fascism by MmeL'Enfer, 1 Jan 2009
                         Nice by MmeL'Enfer, 30 Dec 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates