R. Hell Site Forum Message

regarding Quine issue

Posted by:Richard Hell (‘rhell@richardhell.com’)
Posted on: 13 Jul 2009

I am not trying to completely suppress the original recording. I expect to make it available in some form eventually, but I did intend to replace it for most purposes with this new one.

There's not too much point in arguing the relative values of the two versions until the arguers have heard the new one though.

No one appreciates Quine more than me--in fact for many years I was just about the only one who fully appreciated him (with possible exception of Lester Bangs). But even Quine needed an appropriate showcase and he didn't get that on the original DESTINY STREET. My problem with that record wasn't Quine per se, but rather how he was used (and anyway, I'd bet that half the people protesting the loss of his lead parts can't distinguish them from Naux's). If he were still around, he'd be a prominent soloist on this new record, but he isn't around.

I stand behind this record as a replacement for the original version. It's a better representation of the material. I believe most people will agree with me when they hear it, though doubtless there will be some who won't. Even I will grant that there are a few qualities of the original that this version couldn't better, but they are few, and on the whole the new one is clearly superior.

Kisses to all!!!

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

DESTINY STREET REPAIRED orders by Roy Suggs, 8 Jul 2009 (30)
                 I by Mona D., 8 Jul 2009
                 Release? by Simon, 21 Jul 2009
                         international shipping new CD by Roy Suggs, 21 Jul 2009
                 Historical Revisionism by Truth in Advertising, 11 Jul 2009
                 Quine... by Gene, 11 Jul 2009
                         Robert Quine by zipcity, 31 Aug 2009
                                 Quine issue by Richard Hell, 1 Sep 2009
                         Destiny Street ReVISITED by Grave . . . RoBBers, 12 Jul 2009
                                 how about a new album, Richard? by Omaha Perez, 14 Aug 2009
                 A work in its time by MT, 13 Jul 2009
                 regarding Quine issue by Richard Hell, 13 Jul 2009
                         Richard gives the KISS OFF . . . by Johnny Thunders LIVES, 15 Jul 2009
                                 HELL's DESTINY: Not a ONE WAY STREET by Milt Palacios, 17 Jul 2009
                                 Repaired by Scott, 12 Aug 2009
                         Repaired by Scott, 12 Aug 2009
                         Why This Option? by zipcity, 31 Aug 2009
                                 more replying by Richard Hell, 1 Sep 2009
                                         Re: more replying by zipcity, 2 Sep 2009
                                         response to hell responding to response by Chris Alias, 6 Sep 2009
                         quine/naux by ts, 13 Jul 2009
                         Wow! My First Kiss by MmeL'Enfer, 13 Jul 2009
                                 D. Street by ralph, 14 Jul 2009
                                         Destiny S. by MmeL'Enfer, 14 Jul 2009
                                 Slimedog not silly! by Slimedog, 14 Jul 2009
                                         Of course by MmeL'Enfer, 14 Jul 2009
                                                 off course by Slimedog, 14 Jul 2009
                                                         Rain Dogs by MmeL'Enfer, 15 Jul 2009
                                                                 See: by MmeL'Enfer, 15 Jul 2009
                                                                         Saw: by Slimedog, 15 Jul 2009
                                                                 Quine - Ribot by GU, 6 Sep 2009

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates