R. Hell Site Forum Message

The REAL Enemy

Posted by:Oskar Mire (‘atomdebris@yahoo.com’)
Posted on: 2 Oct 2001

It's all umop episdn. With one stroke, we are thrust forcibly back into a Cold War mentality -- everyone is a target, anytime, anywhere. The flag flies from every car antenna and hangs like a threat to traitors in windows, on freeway overpasses, from every pole. A long-forgotten civility, however temporary, has fallen on a pushy, rude, me me me society overnight in the face of a common enemy... an enemy nobody can quite put their finger on. And in a sense, that enemy has already conquered us by making it impossible for us to continue in our illusion of freedom. We pump our fists in the air in unison and watch each other from the corners of our eyes.

We are taking a giant step towards an American fascism, and nobody cares because, in the popular wisdom, there's nothing else that can be done. Screw privacy, screw freedom, screw convenience -- it all falls by the wayside in the pursuit of safety at home and vengeance abroad. We are poised to dismantle our freedom in order to protect it, and even a nuclear solution to the perplexing military riddle we have been posed would draw little in the way of domestic protest at this point.

My own seditionary impulses have been utterly and totally preempted by the events of Black Tuesday. I feel like a schoolboy protecting his little brother... sure, *I* pick on him, but that doesn't mean anybody else is welcome to do so.

The rising tide of history, less unpredictable than unstoppable, threatens to drown us all.

The enemy is not Osama bin Laden. The enemy is not the Islamic Jihad or the al Qaeda or Islam itself or Arabs or Afghanistan or the Taliban. The enemy is far older than any of these, and the enemy's victims are not the people in the World Trade Center, or Americans, or the nations of the so-called Free World... the victims are all of humanity, and the enemy is religious extremism of any stripe. The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Jews of the Old Testament slaughtering their neighbors to the last man, woman and child... anytime anyone anywhere comes to the conclusion that God needs their assistance in dealing with the infidels, the enemy is there. Torquemada. Couer de Lion. Abraham. Arjuna. Innocent III. Jim Jones. Jerry Falwell. L. Ron Hubbard. Aum Shinri Kyo.

How can you believe that God is omnipotent, and also believe that God needs your puny human help?

To judge another person's standing in the eyes of God should be considered a crime against humanity, punishable by death.

-Oskar Mire (but YOU'RE going to HELL)

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

eight days later by Richard Hell, 19 Sep 2001 (11)
                 drained by J G, 21 Sep 2001
                         other discussions by Murray, 22 Sep 2001
                 The REAL Enemy by Oskar Mire, 2 Oct 2001
                         support for your position by Mitchell, 2 Oct 2001
                 Bush to Congress; Chomsky interv., etc. by Richard Hell, 21 Sep 2001
                         ive got a sick mind by J G, 22 Sep 2001
                                 the situation in California by Adam Gnade, 23 Sep 2001
                         gleeking earth-vexing clack-dish by Hoodnar, 23 Sep 2001
                         Beware of Chomsky! by rudeboy666, 23 Sep 2001
                         from the southern hemisphere by Nat, 24 Sep 2001
                 The Masks of God by Dolores , 1 Oct 2001

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates