R. Hell Site Forum Message

re "R.I.P.-off"

Posted by:Roy Suggs (‘webmaster@richardhell.com’)
Posted on: 14 Nov 2001

That's a little harsh, Philip I think. First, the point was to keep R.I.P. in print -- it hasn't been in print as a CD for a while, and this is the first time that the band has been paid (rather than ROIR making unfair licensing deals). It's gravy that they've added three cuts: the Heartbreakers' "Chinese Rocks," the Voidoids' original demo version of "Time," which many people -- me included -- believe to be superior to the Destiny Street version, and the live "Funhunt," an original song never recorded in the studio which was only available on the out-of-print ROIR live compilation of the same name.

Then there's all that wild live material too for a total cost for two CDs of $16.00. I think it beats two separate releases for $11.00-12.00 each.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

so roy... by jm, 12 Nov 2001 (9)
                 Hot and Cold party report + news by Roy Suggs, 14 Nov 2001
                         Party report + new 2CD set by Philip P. Obbard, 14 Nov 2001
                                 re "R.I.P.-off" by Roy Suggs, 14 Nov 2001
                                         demos from the masters by madam x, 15 Nov 2001
                                                 Master tapes... by Philip P. Obbard, 15 Nov 2001
                                                         nah, hell found the tapes by madam x, 17 Nov 2001
                 party pics, file 1 by Roy Suggs, 20 Nov 2001
                         party pics, file 2 by Roy Suggs, 20 Nov 2001
                                 women and alcohol by madam x, 20 Nov 2001

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates