R. Hell Site Forum Message

with love

Posted by:Thaedra Johnson (‘bonnielass71@hotmail.com’)
Posted on: 2 Jul 2002

Let me just start by saying it IS strange to see you "dropping away". I am just now 31 years old, and I have been a "punk" fanatic since I was 12 years old. My first influence... the Ramones! Since then I have searched and searched to find the true meaning, and the true orgin of this thing you and I call culture, and I have found many, many, strange and interesting answers. Just today I decided that I absoloutely had to have a Germs record and a Richard Hell record-TODAY! Luckily, I have access to a great record store, and I picked up copies of "Germs-MIA and Richard Hell&the Voidoids-Destiny street" within minutes, which ultimately led me to this site. I wasn't expecting to come across such a moving tribute to DeeDee, and I must admit it caught me off guard, THANK YOU!!! In my quest for knowlage for all that is "PUNK" I had almost become desensitized to just how great the Ramones were, and how far they went without ever really "selling out". Joey's death was so widely publicized, and romanticized, I can remember the exact moment I heard, DeeDee unfortunately was an underpublicized "rock-n-roll overdose", but no less tragic all the same. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are still many of us who really do know the score. We are still keeping tabs on all of you, and when one of you is lost, we feel it. I grew up a little bit later, and here in the great Northwest I had the pleasure of coming of age with soon to be idols such as Kurt Cobain, and I must say that of all the research I have done ("Please kill me"-Legs McNeil, "Vacant"-a diary of the punk years, "And I don't want to live this life"-Deborah Spungen, etc. etc. etc....) Richard Hell... you are my favorite. Please stay healthy. With love, a true enthusist.
P.S. From all that I've heard, seen and read, Malcom McLaren based much of his stylings for his rock-n-roll dreams on you... Thank you for never letting that lead you astray from what you really do best! You are truly what "punk rock" means and stands for on the lips and in the hearts of outcasts everywhere. XOXOX

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

a few words about Dee Dee by Richard Hell, 10 Jun 2002 (25)
                 Dee Dee by Carole Anne Marko, 12 Jun 2002
                         dee by dee, 3 Sep 2003
                 Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue by Tommy C.O., 17 Jul 2002
                 A last goodbye to Dee Dee by Heiko, 21 Jul 2002
                         ah by Jed Dirty, 15 Oct 2002
                 dee dee by Hilary, 16 Aug 2002
                 dee dee by mark s, 5 Sep 2002
                 Dee Dee took my dollar by Tommy Glaze, 24 Aug 2002
                         response to "Dee Dee took my dollar" by Krystle, 12 Feb 2006
                 dee dee by adolf kowalski, 26 Apr 2003
                 not strange at all by jon, 5 Dec 2003
                 dee dee by Eric , 9 Mar 2004
                 dee dee by peter kämmerer, 13 Jun 2002
                 yo by gangsta , 2 May 2004
                 Has more than a person pased away by jerry, 30 May 2004
                 thee katz luv u by adolf kowalski, 23 Mar 2005
                 i love you by Susan, 15 Sep 2005
                 rip by george fierce, 8 Nov 2005
                 dee dee by connor, 23 Apr 2007
                 BIOGRAPHY by Melissa Tomjanovich, 20 Jun 2002
                 Dee Dee by jacquelynjewels, 22 Jun 2002