R. Hell Site Forum Message

more recent Brit press

Posted by:Roy Suggs (‘webmaster@richardhell.com’)
Posted on: 2 May 2000

I've now seen most of the press response to the recent re-issue of the Blank Generation cd in the UK. There were reviews, usually with short interviews, or simply interviews in the magazines Flipside, Front, Q, The Guardian, The New Statesman, Melody Maker, New Musical Express, Uncut, Mojo, Record Collector, Classic Rock, and The Wire that I'm aware of. I've put up a typical interview and our favorite review (we all like it, Hell included, but the reviewer's not credited--it was in The Wire) at www.richardhell.com/intclass.html.

Two points re that stuff: can anyone tell me what "Scurferatti" could possibly be in the review (the elite Scurfers?), and--in the interview--the final question & answer, Hell's goofing around: Sheelagh Bevan is his girlfriend and she hasn't played piano in public since she was a child (classical), and doesn't DJ in public either...

I'm a little behind now in stuff I want to attend to at the site. Sorry, I'm just over my head. I've got the VHS and DVD copies of the Lommel Blank flick, but haven't had time to list in "merchandise." Also have small obit/recollection of Alan Betrock by Hell I've got to get up. Not to mention intended extension of "Bio Core." Etc., etc., etc....

Be good bad.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

more recent Brit press by Roy Suggs, 2 May 2000 (2)
                 Scurferatti? by Michael L., 2 May 2000
                         Oh by Debbie Jean, 3 May 2000

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates