R. Hell Site Forum Message

Nirvana = nothing

Posted by:Johnson
Posted on: 21 Feb 2008

While I respect your opinion I have to completely disagree on your statement that the music of the 90s was centered around Nirvana, says who ? some music critics. Nirvana is famous because the media latched onto a sound that they thought was the next big thing, Cobain and the other grunge type bands offer little musically when compared to other great bands you mention like the Pistols, Stones, Beatles, Hell, etc. They are looked upon as some sort of pioneers because the music industry wanted to sell a lot of records to a gullible rock audience. Their music is the least inspiring of any bands I ever heard, and hey I like Pat Smear when he was in the Germs, not sure how he ended up in a band with no direction whatsoever as Nirvana, you could throw Hole in there as well as contributing de nada musically, Lydon stated this himself on Rotten Tv a few yrs years back. I've found that a lot of people agree with me on this subject, look at the collection of people who listen to this band and you'll also find other garbage like ; Korn, Blink 182, and so on.

I can think of 1000's of bands who meant a hell of a lot more in the 90s that nirvana.

Just my opinion though, guess it's all R-n-R like you say, cheers.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

blank generation by annabelle, 6 Feb 2008 (16)
                 I agree! by Matthew, 11 Feb 2008
                         indeed by ., 13 Feb 2008
                                 Yes by Matthew, 14 Feb 2008
                                         It's great! by slimedog, 15 Feb 2008
                                                 Blank generation by Johnson, 17 Feb 2008
                                                         Give Nirvana a break, it's just RNR. by Paul Delgado, 18 Feb 2008
                                                                 Cheers Paul by Matthew, 20 Feb 2008
                                                                         Nirvana = nothing by Johnson, 21 Feb 2008
                                                                                 nirvana by Madam X, 22 Feb 2008
                                                                                         Richard & Rod by slimedog, 23 Feb 2008
                                                                                                 whats happening ? by Madam X, 24 Feb 2008
                                                                                                         Why do woman all ways go for bad guize by Gene Suicide, 26 Feb 2008
                                                                                                                 kurdtcoburn by ., 28 Feb 2008
                                                                                                                         musicians by Madam X, 1 Mar 2008
                                                                                                 Re; Richard and Rod by Johnson, 2 Mar 2008
                                                                                                         I Love Love by slimedog, 4 Mar 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates