R. Hell Site Forum Message

Re; Richard and Rod

Posted by:Johnson
Posted on: 2 Mar 2008

You mentioned jokingly that HELL ripped off Rod Mckeun and took cues from artists like Gordon Lightfoot, allthough I myself listen to say punk rock more than these artists I do have their lps in my collection and once in a blue moon I'll listen to some old folk music from G.L. and a lost paradise record from the 60s like " The Sea " from McKuen.

You have to remember like HELL they are all poets, whereas small minded people like Cobain and Love wouldn't know what to do with a book on poetry except maybe plagiarize from it.

A lot of real artists usually start songwriting with a poem and expand from that point. Maybe "Another World" began as a poem before it became such a cool rock tune ?

Maybe Lightfoot began "I'm Not Sayin" as a poem before it became a folk tune and eventually being covered by Nico a bit later.

And so here we have a major difference I think that artists approach music. Most of these kids today who play generic crap like Blink 182, were never poets to begin with but just some dumbass with a skateboard who tries to imiatate what they have heard before. Cobain and Love appeal to people who have been conned by the music industry and are easily deceived. Their music is also BORING and their fans are like sheep easily led to buy the next fad that comes along because they think it's the cool band to listen to.

"Smells like Teen Spirit" is the most miserable sounding song I've ever heard, still means nothing to me.

There were 100's of bands who surfaced in the 90s who deserve far more recognition.

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

blank generation by annabelle, 6 Feb 2008 (16)
                 I agree! by Matthew, 11 Feb 2008
                         indeed by ., 13 Feb 2008
                                 Yes by Matthew, 14 Feb 2008
                                         It's great! by slimedog, 15 Feb 2008
                                                 Blank generation by Johnson, 17 Feb 2008
                                                         Give Nirvana a break, it's just RNR. by Paul Delgado, 18 Feb 2008
                                                                 Cheers Paul by Matthew, 20 Feb 2008
                                                                         Nirvana = nothing by Johnson, 21 Feb 2008
                                                                                 nirvana by Madam X, 22 Feb 2008
                                                                                         Richard & Rod by slimedog, 23 Feb 2008
                                                                                                 whats happening ? by Madam X, 24 Feb 2008
                                                                                                         Why do woman all ways go for bad guize by Gene Suicide, 26 Feb 2008
                                                                                                                 kurdtcoburn by ., 28 Feb 2008
                                                                                                                         musicians by Madam X, 1 Mar 2008
                                                                                                 Re; Richard and Rod by Johnson, 2 Mar 2008
                                                                                                         I Love Love by slimedog, 4 Mar 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates