R. Hell Site Forum Message

Johnny's TV Junior signature guitar

Posted by:Gabs
Posted on: 11 Aug 2008

I took a couple of listens to the recording and i must admit that one of the guitar players sounds very much like Johnny Thunders.
Don't know why Richard Hell denies ever having done such session (but he possesses a selective memory, anyway...) I have the 3-songs version (Lowest Common Dominator/Ignore That Door/Hurt Me)with nice quality sound, but i circulation there are different audio cdrs with 2 songs version (Hurt Me is delete).
Could -Hurt me- be from the Heartbreakers 75/76 SBS Yonkers Studio sessions in NY?
In this demo there's definitely another guitar on it (it's a Fender); easy to hear Johnny's TV Junior signature guitar, even if doesn't play all the time...
Nobody played, plays or will play the electric guitar like Johnny!
There are rumours that this session took place in the 171A rehearsal studio on Avenue A in NYC, in April 1981, with Chuck Wood, Naux, Johnny, Richard.
Somebody (possibly Mark Solomon) claimed to have B&W footage of it, but nobody i know has actually ever seen it...(?)
It would be great if the mystery was solved!
All the best.
Gabs

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

Hell/Thunders 81 recordings? by Mark66, 26 May 2008 (3)
                 not Thunders and Hell by Roy Suggs, 26 May 2008
                         Johnny's TV Junior signature guitar by Gabs, 11 Aug 2008
                 Demos by Ron B, 12 Jul 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates