R. Hell Site Forum Message

Devoto's Magazine reform

Posted by:rich d
Posted on: 31 Aug 2008

Not Hell related but I know that several forumists will be pleased to hear that Magazine have reformed to do 2 dates in the UK in Feb.

All original members bar John McGeogh, who died last year I think - "name Manchester guitarist" to take his place, God knows who this refers to - John Squire? More likely one of the Buzzcocks I suppose.

Sticking on the subject of reformations - looking forward to X Ray Spex next week and Polystyrene's website infers that Richard took a shine to Poly during their stint at CBGB's. Richard then made it into the lyrics on their LP.

I wonder if he was chuffed to be name checked by them or did the patented nihlism forbid him from taking it on board?

back to R. Hell Site Forum Board

Message thread:

Devoto's Magazine reform by rich d, 31 Aug 2008 (12)
                 spelling? by rich d, 31 Aug 2008
                         I put a spellcheck on you... by AKinCLE, 31 Aug 2008
                                 oh blimey by geraldine fibber, 2 Sep 2008
                                         scars by rich d, 3 Sep 2008
                                 or.... by geraldine fibber, 2 Sep 2008
                                         Or... by AKinCLE, 3 Sep 2008
                                                 X -Ray Glasses by slimedog, 6 Sep 2008
                                                         X Ray Spex: You don't knead them . . . by The RealMcCoy, 6 Sep 2008
                                                                 small review by rich d, 8 Sep 2008
                 Magazine by Viva Inc, 19 Sep 2008
                         Magazine Reform - More Gigs added! by Viva Inc, 2 Oct 2008
                         Magazine Peel Sessions by Viva Inc, 28 Oct 2008

Merch Links Site Index Lyrics 1st Page Bio Core Updates